Gate Installation & Repair Experts
Protection for your family is usually the top concern when someone is asked about safety. People want to keep their house private and not give intruders an opportunity. Houses that have electric fences provide that privacy and security. Recent research shows that home break-in cases are on the rise. Homeowners must be aware of this issue and make sure they take the proper precautions.
Free Gate Estimate Form
Best Gates In Los Angeles
In most cases, a sliding gate is recommended if there is enough space. At All County Fence and Gate, we believe it is the best option:
- Wear and tear – a slide gate has a better weight distribution than other types of gates, therefore it is more reliable.
- Safety – as far as safety goes, it is easier to protect your vehicles and loved ones using safety devices if you have a slide gate because it is moving in one straight line. A swing gate, for example, has “dead zones” which are harder to cover using safety devices.
Great Gate Installation Company
If there isn’t enough space for a standard slide gate, a swing gate, an overhead gate, or is some cases a retractable slide gate can be used. A retractable slide gate is a slide gate divided into two pieces and requires about half the opening size to open into.
The professionals at All County Fence and Gate always recommend using a steel frame for your gate for added stability and strength. The majority of all gates are wrought iron gates or wood gates with a steel frame. The wood of choice for your driveway gate is Redwood, as it is light and withstands environmental elements very well.
Electric Gate Repair:
At All County Fence and Gate, we repair all types of gates, entry systems, and accessories. Our company is committed to providing a professional service to all our customers.
If your gate has stopped functioning, there are various reasons why that might be. There could be issues with the power it needs to run – make sure that the gate’s electrical breaker is turned on. If you don’t have a dedicated breaker for the gate or you don’t know where it is, look for signs that your operator has power. For example, you should hear a clicking noise coming from the operator when you press your remote.
If there is power, make sure there is nothing physically blocking the gate’s movement. If this is the case, your motor might need to be reset.
If none of these suggestions have fixed the issue, it is time to call in a professional. More damage can be done if the gate operator is worked on by someone without the knowledge and expertise of how they work.
Gate Opener Maintenance
Service is suggested if any of the following occur:
- The chain is very loose
- If when the gate opens or closes, it slams against the post.
- If a grinding or squeaking noise is heard.
- The gate moves slower than it used to
In any case, we recommended having your gate serviced at least once a year, depending on the frequency of use.
Servicing your electric gate should include the following:
- Adjustments to chain tension (for slide gates) or springs tension (for overhead gates).
- Hinge lubrication(if it is a swing gate) or chains, guide rollers
- and wheels (in case of a slide gate).
- Monitoring of the gate’s travel time.
- Confirmation that all safety devices, if present, function properly.
- Confirmation that the gate movement is free and that the surrounding environment is nice and clean.
Most gate operators are equipped with a built-in reverse sensor. This sensor stops/reverses the gate when it hits an obstacle. If your gate is installed in commercial property (residential buildings with more than four units are also considered a commercial property), you are required to have at least two safety devices installed (UL-325 industry standard).
Even though you don’t have to, we recommend having an additional safety device installed, to completely prevent contact.
These are a few of the most common safety devices available today:
- Photo-eye. The photo-eye sends and receives a signal across your driveway, when this signal breaks your gate reverses.
- Loop sensor. The loop sensor is installed under your driveway, and using a magnetic field detects your vehicle.
- Miller-edge. This touch-activated sensor is a long piece of rubber installed on the edge of your gate.
At All County Gate Fence and Gate
We offer a fully licensed and insured company that can design, install, and/or repair an electric gate system for your home, lot, or office building. You will receive top-notch service that is both fast and efficient. The All County Gate and Fence word is as strong as the gates we build. We will always stand by our initial quotes and estimates and never tack on any hidden fees or extras mid-job.
As the saying goes, nothing lasts forever; but that doesn’t mean things can’t be fixed. Welcome to All County Fence and Gate, an electric gate repair company serving clients all over Los Angeles.
We know why you opted to install an electric gate on your property. Whether for convenience or security, your electric gate has hopefully served you well. But unfortunately, machines are machines, and they sometimes need repairs. All County Fence and Gate offers expert electric gate repair services. Each one of our electric gate repair contractors was handpicked based on stringent criteria and comes with years of experience in the industry.
Contact Us Today
With All County Fence and Gate, you don’t have to worry about scrapping your electric gate because of malfunction or structural damage. Our job is to offer electric gate repair that assesses and addresses all that must be done to restore your electric gate to full functioning order.
Call us today for a free estimate!
Our Fence & Gate Services
- Fencing Installation & Repair
- Gate Installations & Repair
- Electric Gate Installations
- Electric Gate Operators